The Richard Suddendorf Instrumental Music Education Scholarship presented by the Westerville Concert Bands
A qualified candidate for this scholarship is a current high school senior band member who is planning to major in music education in college, and aspires to become a school band director.
This scholarship is a $500.00 award that will be made payable to the college or university the recipient has chosen to attend in the Fall of 2021. The award winner must be present at the Westerville Concert Bands Spring concert to receive the award. The award winner’s family and high school band director should also plan to attend. The award winner is expected to dress in business attire at this concert to receive the award.
How to Apply
- April 12, 2021 – Deadline for application to be postmarked to:
Executive Board, Westerville Concert Band, PO Box 146, Westerville OH 43086
---OR submit electronically to email@example.com
- April 17, 2021 – deadline to upload performance video to DropBox
- April 19, 2021 – Applications are reviewed by the Westerville Concert Band Executive Board
- April 20, 2021 – The award winner is contacted by the Executive Board President
- April 25, May 3,10,17, 23 - The award winner and all applicants are invited to rehearse and perform with the Westerville Concert Band at the Alum Creek Amphitheater.
- May 23, 2021, 2:00 p.m., Alum Creek Amphitheater – Spring Concert
- The awardee is presented the scholarship award check in the name of the chosen college/university.
2020 recipient, Jared Ohm
Congratulations to Jared Ohm!
Congratulations to our 2020 recipient of the Richard Suddendorf Instrumental Music Education Scholarship.
*Presentation pictured was performed in compliance with recommended COVID-19 social distancing measures.
2020 Jarod Ohm WSHS Percussion & Cello, BGSU
2019 Jacob Miller WCHS French Horn, Violin, BGSU
2018 Kaitlyn Grella WSHS Alto Sax, BGSU
2017 Not awarded
2016 Jacob Austrino WSHS Trumpet, OU
2015 Samuel Blair WSHS Euphonium